Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Falls



Minnehaha Falls, Minneapolis
Cascade Falls, Hovland
Funny thing, I took these two pictures exactly one year apart. Jimmy and I took our annual North Shore trip three days ago on the Sunday before Memorial Day. We had never been to Cascade State Park, mainly because we normally take just one day from Shoreview and it is 500 miles round trip. We likewise hiked around Judge Magney State Park, which also has amazing water falls -- check out Devil's Kettle. Unfortunately, I left my midrange lens at home and was left with a choice between my macro and telephoto lenses. I shot Cascade Falls (second photo) with the macro lens. Minnesota has some great water falls. Wouldn't it be fun to travel Minnesota with the objective to photograph all the big falls! (Maybe take in Big Manitou Falls in Wisconsin as well.... Mat -- notice one 't' -- my new colleague at SCS, told me about the Big Manitou in western WI last week.)

The Brule River below Devil's Kettle

1 comment:

  1. How far is the Brule River from home? Do you think we can go? Jack and I need some photography lessons!

    ReplyDelete